Carrie Sharpe is a Communication Consultant and Speaker and co-owner of He says, She says. A highly sought-after international speaker, Carrie develops courses and coaches clients on public speaking skills, interview skills, and other communication topics. She earned her degree in Political Science and Psychology from Lake Superior State University. Carrie is a Huffington Post Contributor and has been quoted in a variety of publications including LiveStrong, Business Insider, and Bustle. She resides in northern Michigan with her husband, Ryan, and their five children.
Listen as Carrie shares how her mothering journey has evolved as her children have gotten older:
- She’s preparing for her oldest to leave the nest.
- Days truly do go slow, but years fly by.
- She stays present and creates memories with her family.
- To keep your relationship strong after having children.
- Everyone contributes to completing household chores.
- She homeschooled all her children.
- To say “No” without guilt
“Just because it works today, doesn’t mean you won’t be tweaking it tomorrow.” – Carrie Sharpe
“There are years of my life I don’t even remember.” – Carrie Sharpe
“When you’re in a crisis, you see the best and worst of each other. Any issues in the relationship are magnified during and after the event.” – Carrie Sharpe
“The older I get, the more inclined I am to say no to obligatory things.”- Carrie Sharpe
“Is this a necessity right now? Is this my priority or someone else’s?” – Carrie Sharpe
MORE FROM CARRIE:
MORE FROM MOM DECONSTRUCTED:
MORE FROM KATE:
MORE FROM LIZ: