Kate & Liz talk mom friends this week. How do you find them? How do you make them? Do you even need them? This episode we share our vulnerabilities (and awkward pick up lines reserved for the playground) and insecurities when it comes to making the quintessential “mom friend.”
Listen as we share what has worked for us in connecting with other moms.
- Mom friends are ACTUALLY important.
- Put yourself out there, we are ALL in the same situation navigating this.
- If you’re friends on social media – reach out IRL!
- Go outside your comfort zone and attend a class, lecture, or event to be around other moms with children your age.
- Make a list of topics (other than kids!) you are interested in to open up conversations at the latest class birthday party.
- Make time for nurturing your friendships with other moms.
Links mentioned in the episode:
Matrescence: New York Times: Alexandra Sacks
Liza Tremblay: Put your Mascara on and drink a Redbull – Episode 09
MORE FROM MOM DECONSTRUCTED:
Support this podcast on Patreon.
Leave a review on iTunes here.
Sign up for our newsletter here.
Follow Mom Deconstructed on Facebook.
Follow Mom Deconstructed on Instagram.
Follow Mom Deconstructed on Twitter.
MORE FROM KATE:
Kate Turza, Postpartum Doula
Follow Kate on Facebook
Join Kate’s Facebook Group, Reality Tykes
MORE FROM LIZ:
Mom…In The Works
Follow Liz on Facebook
Follow Liz on Instagram