Kate & Liz open up about asking for help when they need it most. We talk about how hard it is TO ask for help, but also the benefit of opening ourselves up to the possibility of getting help.
Listen as we share how we have learned to be both on the receiving end and giving end of help.
- Start asking for help from your partner & closest and intimate friends and family.
- Remember that boundaries on your time and energy are a good thing.
- Identify the difference between “need” and “want”.
- If you are on the receiving end of help, don’t let the guilt consume you. Soon enough, you will be the giver.
- Take it just ONE step at a time. This life stage doesn’t define you.
Links mentioned in the episode:
Honest Discussion: How to keep an even keel. Struggling with Anxiety – Blog Post
Sarah Argenal’s tips for setting boundaries – Episode 03
Five Languages of Love: Gary Chapman
MORE FROM MOM DECONSTRUCTED:
Support this podcast on Patreon.
Leave a review on iTunes here.
Sign up for our newsletter here.
Follow Mom Deconstructed on Facebook.
Follow Mom Deconstructed on Instagram.
Follow Mom Deconstructed on Twitter.
MORE FROM KATE:
Kate Turza, Postpartum Doula
Follow Kate on Facebook
Join Kate’s Facebook Group, Reality Tykes
MORE FROM LIZ:
Mom…In The Works
Follow Liz on Facebook
Follow Liz on Instagram