Listen as Kathy shares how she:
- Is at the golden age of parenting (she thinks).
- Honors who her children are emerging to be and their moods.
- Waldorf schooling has shaped her parenting.
- Adding FUN back into her life as her kids are getting older.
- Dares herself to do something fun or scary each day.
- Takes time for herself, gives her partner and children the same.
- Releases guilt putting her needs first.
- Recently had a family pet pass away and navigating that with her children.
- Keeps things SIMPLE (hint, she has an acronym).
- Journaling can help keep the anxiety and overwhelm to a minimum.
“Getting to know [my children] is a delicious little secret.” – Kathy Stowell
“I was so fun back in the day.” – Kathy Stowell
“Having all these coping tools in our belt, we need to show them [our children] how to use them, because life is going to just be one thing after another.” – Kathy Stowell
“S.A.F.E. – my acronym to keep things simple; S – school, A – activities, F – flow (routine), E – electronics.” – Kathy Stowell
“You want to do it all, but you can’t. And, that can be frustrating.” – Kathy Stowell
Links from Show:
This podcast is made possible by listeners, like you. We believe that community is key to motherhood, we invite you to consider joining our Patreon community and supporting us with a monthly donation on our page: www.patreon.com/momdeconstructed.
If you would like to become one of our sponsors visit: www.momdeconstructed.com/advertising and start the conversation!
All our sponsor offers are available on our website. To get all the discounts and perks go to www.momdeconstructed.com/sponsors
MORE FROM KATHY
MORE FROM MOM DECONSTRUCTED:
MORE FROM KATE:
MORE FROM LIZ: