Listen as Shelley shares how she:
- Stays present while she juggles her kids and her business.
- Reminds herself to have gratitude for now.
- Is raising her children while caretaking her parents.
- Lost control over both her physical & mental self during her postpartum periods.
- Used creativity to regain her sense of self in a period where she felt lost.
- Struggled with postpartum depression after the birth of her son.
- Can step away from her kids, which makes her a better mom.
- Declares what she wants in her life.
“You want to fill their lives with beautiful content, rather than beautiful things.” – Shelley Suh
“When I get upset, I ask myself, what was that really about?” – Shelley Suh
“When I first had my daughter, it was the first time I felt out of control. It was really challenging for me.” – Shelley Suh
“If you try to control something you can’t control, it just gets worse. I learned from that I really had to surrender.” – Shelley Suh
“My mantra is: don’t worry, we’ll figure it out.” – Shelley Suh
“If you feel alien to who you are after you have a child, there’s nothing wrong with you….it will move through you and you will be able to get back to who you are.” – Shelley Suh
Links from Show:
This podcast is made possible by listeners, like you. We believe that community is key to motherhood, we invite you to consider joining our Patreon community and supporting us with a monthly donation on our page: www.patreon.com/momdeconstructed.
If you would like to become one of our sponsors visit: www.momdeconstructed.com/advertising and start the conversation!
All our sponsor offers are available on our website. To get all the discounts and perks go to www.momdeconstructed.com/sponsors
MORE FROM SHELLEY
MORE FROM MOM DECONSTRUCTED:
MORE FROM KATE:
MORE FROM LIZ: