This week we are talking with Megan Whitaker. Megan is a former nurse turned Crunchy, hippie mom of 2. After being a chronically sick kid she finally changed her whole life, healed herself and now helps other families take control of their health and go non-toxic. When she’s not pregnant or constantly breastfeeding, she loves to read and rock climb. Listen as she shares her story of turning “Crunchy”, trying to find her mom “tribe”, and turning to research to fuel her alternative lifestyle.
Listen as Megan shares how she:
- Has struggled with finding mom friends that share her values.
- Uses social media as a way to connect with other moms.
- Focuses on research to fuel her natural lifestyle.
- Suffered from chronic inflammation and used holistic remedies to ease her symptoms.
- Believes modern medicine is important, and should be used in conjunction with a holistic lifestyle.
- Believes baby steps need to be taken towards a more natural lifestyle.
- Has some simple steps towards a more holistic household.
- Keeps germs at bay with young children.
- How she “fights with facts”.
- Had a beautifully successful homebirth.
“It was really difficult for some people to understand why I was doing things that were more difficult than other people.” – Megan Whitaker
“Any parenting decision, you have to be married to your choice and I need to be able to say why I did it.” – Megan Whitaker
“What we are putting in our bodies and what’s around us really affects our health.” – Megan Whitaker
“Do what you can, where you can and you’ll always be going in the right direction.” – Megan Whitaker
LINKS FROM SHOW:
Patreon: This podcast is made possible by listeners, like you. We believe that community is key to motherhood, we invite you to consider joining our Patreon community and supporting us with a monthly donation on our page: www.patreon.com/momdeconstructed.
If you would like to become one of our sponsors visit: www.momdeconstructed.com/advertising and start the conversation!
All our sponsor offers are available on our website. To get all the discounts and perks go to www.momdeconstructed.com/sponsors
MORE FROM MEGAN
MORE FROM MOM DECONSTRUCTED:
MORE FROM KATE:
MORE FROM LIZ:
This page may include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, you won’t pay one penny more, but we will receive a small compensation so we can keep on creating this podcast & website for you.