This week we are talking with Katie Rössler. Katie is a licensed professional counselor from the USA living in Munich, Germany. She has over 10 years experience working with individuals, couples and families on improving their relationships and enjoyment of life. After four years of being a stay at home mom, she created The Chief Household Officer Academy which teaches and empowers moms to run their households like entrepreneurs. Katie has two girls, 4 and 2, and loves to be outside with her family. In this episode, she shares her feelings of failure after having an emergency cesarean section, losing her mother suddenly and grieving as a mother herself.
Listen as Katie shares how she:
- Prioritizes her relationship with her husband.
- Despite having a textbook pregnancy, she was diagnosed with HELPP syndrome resulting in an emergency cesarean section.
- Reframed the definition of birth since having children.
- Lost her mother suddenly on October of 2018.
- What her grief has looked like as a mother herself.
- The importance of “and” in discussing emotions.
- Believes we need to better communicate our expectations as parents.
- Runs her home like a business: including planning and execution of goals.
- Benefits from a weekly family meeting/couples check in.
- Believes partners don’t want moms to be overwhelmed, but we, as moms, need to better communicate what we need from our partners.
- Nurtures the German ideal that children should be responsible for doing more around the home, even as young as 2 and 4.
- Plans her date nights to include something fun.
- Sex as as tool for connection with your partner.
“One of the key relationships that they [children] will base decisions on is right here in the home. It’s me with my partner, so we need to make that a priority.” – Katie Rössler
“I describe birth as ‘the most beautiful trauma you will go through’.” – Katie Rössler
“We’ve lost the power of AND in our emotions. You can be angry AND love that person.” – Katie Rössler
“We are seeing all these women who seem to have it together. But, we aren’t seeing the other rooms, which are probably cluttered.” – Katie Rössler
LINKS FROM SHOW:
Katie’s How to Run A Family Meeting: Use code Family2019 for Discount!
Patreon: This podcast is made possible by listeners, like you. We believe that community is key to motherhood, we invite you to consider joining our Patreon community and supporting us with a monthly donation on our page: www.patreon.com/momdeconstructed.
If you would like to become one of our sponsors visit: www.momdeconstructed.com/advertising and start the conversation!
All our sponsor offers are available on our website. To get all the discounts and perks go to www.momdeconstructed.com/sponsors
MORE FROM KATIE
MORE FROM MOM DECONSTRUCTED:
MORE FROM KATE:
MORE FROM LIZ:
This page may include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, you won’t pay one penny more, but we will receive a small compensation so we can keep on creating this podcast & website for you.