This week we are talking with Yvonne Marcus. Yvonne Marcus is a home management expert who teaches tech savvy individuals how to integrate the Agile Framework into their home. After spending 10 years working in operations and project management for a television production company, Yvonne moved from Los Angeles to Asheville, NC with her family. She enjoys the occasional glass of red wine, gluten free caramel bars, and dancing. Yvonne shares how she was frustrated with having to do #allthethings and incorporating the Agile Framework into her home, making everyone accountable for family goals & projects.
Listen as Yvonne shares:
- Being an introverted parent to an extroverted child.
- Using Agile Framework in your home management.
- Importance of setting family goals.
- Incorporating family meetings into your day, week, and month.
- Using spreadsheets to keep track of family goals.
- Fallacy behind the perception of doing #allthethings
- Letting go of micromanaging in the household.
- Communicating & sharing the mental load with your partner.
- Tips on reducing decision fatigue.
- Family mission statements & values.
“We had tried some things…but, mostly I would get really stressed out about something and have a hysterical meltdown.” – Yvonne Marcus
“It [Agile Framework] teaches about 3 things: Communication, Life Skill of Setting Goals, and Receiving Feedback.” – Yvonne Marcus
“We actually spend more time with our children now than any previous generation.” – Yvonne Marcus
“You need to set your values first so you know what to say yes to and what to say no to.” – Yvonne Marcus
LINKS FROM SHOW:
MORE FROM YVONNE:
MORE FROM MOM DECONSTRUCTED:
MORE FROM KATE:
MORE FROM LIZ:
Patreon: This podcast is made possible by listeners, like you. We believe that community is key to motherhood, we invite you to consider joining our Patreon community and supporting us with a monthly donation on our page: www.patreon.com/momdeconstructed.
If you would like to become one of our sponsors visit: www.momdeconstructed.com/advertising and start the conversation!
All our sponsor offers are available on our website. To get all the discounts and perks go to www.momdeconstructed.com/sponsors
This page may include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, you won’t pay one penny more, but we will receive a small compensation so we can keep on creating this podcast & website for you.