This week I’m joined by Sara Topping, from our first ever episode(!), to deconstruct our episode from last week with Jennifer Summerfeldt. If you haven’t listened, go back and listen to Episode 81. This week we will be sharing our highs & lows, and making informed choices about birth, and support throughout the birthing & postpartum to help cope with trauma.
Listen as Kate & Sara discuss:
- High: Observing siblings interacting & playing well with one another.
- Low: Are my children even listening to me?
- High: Reaching out for support for navigating behavior/developmental changes.
- All birthing people should have a choice in birth.
- Support is essential in positive birth & postpartum outcomes.
- Emotional response is just as important as physiological response.
- Pitfalls of our medical system surrounding birth & postpartum.
- Birth stories are how we learn about choices in birth.
- Healing through storytelling.
- Friends & families are the first ones who should be providing support for new families.
“You have to give birth where you feel most comfortable…It’s such a vulnerable experience to open to this other world, to birth a new human…to transform into this new person. To be in a place where you are most comfortable and supported will be the place you will be the most successful.” – Sara Topping
“Take it one breath at a time.” – Sara Topping
MORE FROM JENNIFER:
Healing After Birth by Jennifer Summerfeldt (Book)
Healing After Birth – Jennifer’s Online Courses
Sacred Story Keeper – Jennifer’s Course for Doulas
MORE FROM SARA:
MORE FROM MOM DECONSTRUCTED:
MORE FROM KATE:
MORE FROM LIZ:
Patreon: This podcast is made possible by listeners, like you. We believe that community is key to motherhood, we invite you to consider joining our Patreon community and supporting us with a monthly donation on our page: www.patreon.com/momdeconstructed.
If you would like to become one of our sponsors visit: www.momdeconstructed.com/advertising and start the conversation!
All our sponsor offers are available on our website. To get all the discounts and perks go to www.momdeconstructed.com/sponsors
This page may include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, you won’t pay one penny more, but we will receive a small compensation so we can keep on creating this podcast & website for you.